Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

India Dark

It's always an incredible honour when someone asks you to launch their book for them. Especially so when that someone is a writer who you've admired for years.

Which is why I'm really thrilled to have been invited to launch India Dark, by the incredible Kirsty Murray.

I first met Kirsty almost exactly a decade ago, at the Western Australian Premier's Literary Awards in 2000, when her book Zarconi's Magic Flying Fish and my first novel The Darkness were both on the shorlists. It was a good night, and we both came away winners, which always adds to the evening.

We've kept in touch ever since, and a month or so back, I was delighted to accept her invitation to launch her latest novel India Dark, here in Canberra in August.

Kirsty is a beautiful writer, and I've got my spanky new copy of India Dark sitting here on the desk beside me. I haven't started it yet, but am taking it away on holidays with me next week, and will read it then. It looks fantastic, and I cannot wait to get into it.

In the meantime, if you're in or near Canberra on the evening of Friday the 20th August, then please come along and help us send this book out into the big wide world. The details are:

Venue: Asia Bookroom, Unit 2, 1-3 Lawry Place, Macquarie, ACT
Time: 6.00 - 8.00pm
RSVP: email books@Asiabookroom.com or phone (02) 6251 5191 before Wed 18th August.

It'll be a great evening.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you don't need people to tell you how impressive this blogging every day is.

    Too bad. I am telling you anyway.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh Trish - pressure! I'd decided, after much soul searching, to skip today. Now I can't. Thanks!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin