Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Move over Gorgon Gas... here's a bigger Chinese trade deal

The Girl In The Cave has just been released in Chinese! I discovered this when two copies of the Chinese edition arrived in the mail today. This actually proved to be the perfect end to a very surreal day, which included (among other things) me keeping a sick parrot in a box in my office for several hours. But that's beside the point.

The funny thing is, TGITC is the only book of mine not to have done all that well here in Australia (It's still on its first print run, six years after it was originally published), and yet it's also the only one of my eleven books to do at all well (ie: anything) overseas - first in France, and now China. C'est tres strange. So I'm really pleased about this. I've got a soft spot for this book - it's very Roald Dahl-y (my favourite author as a child, and probably of all time) and is based rather loosely upon the stories my father used to tell me when I was a little kid, so it's sort of a sentimental favourite, and I've always been a little disappointed that it didn't pick up much attention here at home. 

I've also always wondered what my name would look like in Chinese. I still don't know, because I've got absolutely no way of reading the cover, but I'm assuming it's the tiny letters in the top right hand corner.

Either way - thanks, China!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin