Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Holidays! (and meeting strangers you already know)

So tomorrow morning at 0900, Imogen, Toby and I get on a plane to L.A. (well, technically we get on a plane to Sydney, which will then connect with the plane to L.A, but you get the general idea...) We're off to visit my sister and her husband and two little girls (one of whom we've never met, and the other of whom is my goddaughter) in Houstin, Texas. This should be awesome.

We're flying on the new Qantas A380, which probably doesn't mean much to a lot of people, but which - to an aviation geek like me - is worth the price of the trip just on its own.

We're also doing something else which (I think) is rather cool - we're also going to see a bunch of people who we've never actually met in person before, though we've been in touch with them for years. (since, I believe early 2003, when we all met through the website of a particular author we all like...)

Yep. We're meeting our internet friends.

In person.

For the first time.

Some of them are doing fried chicken, which is never going to be a bad thing, in my opinion.

This should be equally awesome. (Meeting our friends, not just the fried chicken...)

So if my blogging isn't quite as frequent during the next week or two, then I beg your forgiveness. Don't give up on me, though - I promise to post when I can. With pictures.

In the meantime, I should probably start packing, and get some sleep in preparation for the impending 14 hour intercontinental flight with a nine-month-old, teething toddler.

Have a good few days, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. have an excellent trip - we took our 7month-old to the UK and it was easier in some ways than expected - although the old nappy-change in small spaces is a challenge ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Simmone - Now in LAX waiting for our connection. We got through the big flight pretty well - toby slept for about 7 hours, and we got one of the fold out bassinet thingys, which made things a lot easier. Still, I'd have to say that Qantas is the best advertisement I've ever seen for flying on Virgin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin